01 April 2019

Weekend

A parcel arrived on Friday afternoon containing the backing fabric for my "Christmas Cheer" quilt,


so I spent some time cutting out the fabrics for the rows I will need to make


and sewed up one of each block.


I've decided to make one row each month so by November the quilt top should be ready to put together and, hopefully, will have a new quilt finished for Christmas.

Mid-way through last year I opened up my "Millhouse Inn" jelly roll and cut it up for another "Nine Patch Waltz" quilt.  I love the circles this quilt makes.


FigTree colours are so  lovely.

Sewed up the nine patches over the weekend


and they're now ready for the cream triangular corners to be added to each block.

Noticed on IG and FB that Karen was quilting my "Seaglass" quilt.  This one is lap-size.


Had a big weekend.  Took Friday off to spend the day with Elizabeth and the two little ones.  Lots of tidying on Saturday morning (even vacuumed the sewing room floor) then picked up Little Sweetheart for a sleepover - mainly because I wanted to start working on her flowergirl dress (that didn't happen but all measurements have been taken).

We visited Michael, Peta and Gulli yesterday afternoon and Jenni and Kurt were also there.  We all helped Gulli paint Easter eggs for the hat he and his Mum and Dad are making for his Easter Hat Parade - it's going to be epic!  Not many Easter hats are purple and feature Batman, Star Wars as well as eggs, chickens and purple bunnies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...