30 April 2019

These cute peppermint blocks make a row in my "Christmas Cheer" quilt - the quilt I chose for this year's Aussie B&C Bee.  May is my month and the Santa Hats and Christmas Stockings will start to arrive.


There has been some "Nine Patch Waltz" progress


but before sewing the blocks into rows I was, once again, distracted and cut out blocks for the next few months B&C Bee girls.

"Lighthearted" - June
"Patchwork Sky" - July

"Patchwork Sky" - August

"Lucky" - September
I'm having a week off after Jenni and Kurt's wedding with plans to watch movies and sew.  I have some quilts cut out and at various stages ("Dashing", "Nine Patch Waltz", "Sweet Escape", "Long Time Gone" plus some others that haven't been touched for years) - last night I decided to start cutting another quilt "Fresh" from Thimble Blossoms' book "Simply Retro". 

I first made this quilt in 2015 using FigTree & Co fabrics.


The original pattern doesn't have the four patch blocks inside the diamond shape.  This time I'm going to make a square on point with half-square triangles.

In 2017 I made a lap-quilt "Fresh" using "Kumari Holiday" fabrics.


I have always planned to make one in Bonnie and Camille fabrics. 

Four sleeps and my darling girl will be a Bride.


1 comment:

marina said...

so much beautiful sewing to see.
Hope the wedding has gone off perfectly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...