09 April 2019

Bonnie and Camille Sampler Quilt

Last year when I joined the Aussie Bonnie and Camille Beehive I thought I'd make two of each block - one for the month's queen and one to go in a sampler.  I had a few other blocks leftover from other quilts ("Snippets", "100% Charming", "Scrappy Stars" etc) and some random other pieces to add to the sampler.  Also made 2019's blocks for the sampler.

I pulled this "Norway" block apart and used the turned-around segments for the corners of the sampler - the block is so huge it would have dominated the whole quilt.


Had a break from machine sewing last night and hand-stitched down the binding while watching tv.


The weekend was spent on Wedding sewing - so pleased (read "relieved") The Bride's sewing is finished and I've started on the Flower Girl's dress.


There was also some Bridal Shower sewing on the embroidery machine.  The Bridal Shower is being held this Saturday and has a Mexican Fiesta theme.


Youngest Sweetheart is 6 weeks old today and less than 4 weeks till The Wedding - time is moving way too quickly.

1 comment:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Your Bonnie and Camille Sampler is GORGEOUS! I love everything about it--fabrics, layout, and quilting. This is such an inspiration for me!!! Thank you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...