02 April 2019

"Summer Nights"

Picked up "Summer Nights" from Mum last night - Mum sewed the labels onto the back of the quilt for me - love being able to "subby out" some of the hand-stitching.

Absolutely tickled pink with "Summer Nights" - this was my choice for last year's Aussie Bonnie & Camille Beehive.  11 girls made a star block and I made the extra stars and the chain blocks.  The original versions are in navy/white and scrappy navy/white but, being me, I wanted a completely scrappy, colourful quilt and in a great mix of Bonnie and Camille fabric lines.


I asked Karen to use "Orange Peel" for the quilting - I love this design as it's non-directional and works so well with most quilts.  Using it a lot this year.


For the backing I used up large pieces of Bonnie and Camille fabrics (leftover backings) and more of the aqua cross-stitch fabric for the binding.


The labels are a late-arriving block and an "L" block one of the ladies very kindly made for me.


There was some more cutting out over the weekend - "Sweet Escape" a log cabin quilt designed by Thimble Blossoms with 1-1/2" strips.  Lots of different Bonnie and Camille ranges will be in this quilt.  The plain white is still to be cut.


Made one block and also started adding the cream corners to some "Nine Patch Waltz" blocks last night.


The remaining fabric parcels have arrived, so I will make backings tonight for The Good Life "Butterfly Patch", "All Wrapped Up" and "Go Four It" then they can go off for quilting along with the Smitten "Butterfly Patch".  Good thing I work full-time to pay for my hobby.

It's a new month so I can make some "Summer Moon" blocks and a row of "Christmas Cheer".

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you get so many quilts made and this one is yet again another gorgeous quilt..........

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...