23 April 2019

Easter Break

The Easter break was a fun time spent with family and friends, starting on Thursday afternoon with Gulliver's Easter Hat Parade at pre-school.  Gulli's hat was a mega, epic, original that he decorated with loads of pictures of his favourites:  Batman, Star Wars and Spiderman as well as chickens, eggs, rabbits, ribbons, pipecleaners, googly eyes etc.


On Good Friday I went to our annual sewing day with Karen and Rhonda - it was a shame Paula couldn't join us.


I made some "Dashing" blocks.  FigTree's new "Chantilly" fabrics are so pretty.


The design is very clever in how the blocks line up to make the white arrows and lines through the quilt top.


Saturday I finally cut out my skirt for the wedding, started to cut out my jacket and then did some cooking for the family lunch on Easter Sunday.

Easter Sunday was such a lovely day with the family.  Michael, Peta and Gulli were away for the weekend so Little Sweetheart had the Easter egg hunt to herself.

That night I had dinner at Robyn's along with Lynell and Darren.  We had pizzas made in Robyn's wood-fired pizza oven and then Baileys shots in Easter eggs - they were all yum.


Monday was the day to finish cutting out and start sewing my wedding clothes.  The jacket is almost finished and I'll make the skirt on Thursday (ANZAC Day).  Mum and I visited Michael, Peta and Gulli in the afternoon - always good fun to see them.

Spent most evenings sewing down bindings on three quilts - one more quilt to come home and then I'll be done with binding for a while.

A great long weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...