28 March 2019

Rogue One

Postal services have been very slow lately - it's taken 3 weeks for a bundle of fabric to arrive from USA and I'm waiting on more parcels that are taking even longer.

The turquoise and rose fabric arrived yesterday for the Smitten "Butterfly Patch" backing along with the check to use in "Sweet Escape", when I'm ready to start that one.


Fabric is on the way to back "The Good Life" version of "Butterfly Patch", "All Wrapped Up" and "Go Four It" - my backings chest is pretty empty.

"Go Four It" quilt top will be finished tonight.  I decided to add borders after all for a few reasons:  to stabilise all the bias edges around the perimeter of the quilt top; so that I won't have to deal with points when sewing on the binding and to use up more fabric in my stash.  The spot is a fun fabric that I've had for quite a few years.


Took a photo of the quilt top before adding the borders


and noticed a rogue block in the bottom right hand corner.


Very happy I found that block and was able to turn it around before the top was quilted.  So far there are 4,534 pieces of fabric in this quilt.

3 comments:

Maria said...

I like the dotty border on the quilt and wouldn't have seen the rogue block if you hadn't highlighted it...Do you purchase all your fabrics from the US ???

Marie said...

Your Go Four It is just beautiful - LUV! I don't know if I would have fixed it but being the anal gal that I am I probably would have. I've heard that the Amish feel that there should always be an little mistake in a quilt; helps in rationalizing why you wouldn't fix it, doesn't it? :)

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely quilt....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...