14 May 2019

A Week Off

It's been a huge couple of weeks - Jenni and Kurt's wedding followed by a week off work during which I was hoping to sew and watch movies but plans changed (and that's not always a bad thing).

First up I sewed the "Dashing" blocks together.  This is such a great pattern - goes together very quickly and has a lovely secondary design.  The "Chantilly" fabric is so pretty.  I'm waiting for the backing fabric to arrive then it can be quilted.


I cut out the rest of the "Fresh" blocks.


The blocks are so big I can only fit four on my design sheet. 

Five blocks have been sewn together - eleven to go.

May's row for "Christmas Cheer"


and, as May is my month to receive blocks, the Christmas Stockings and Santa Hats have been arriving.


Re-made September's "Lucky" block so that each segment is out of a single fabric - the scrappy block can go into my next sampler.


Late last week Bonnie and Camille released their patterns to go with their new fabric range "Early Bird" - I bought a couple of patterns and had to cut fabrics to start the scrappy version of "Spinning Stars".  Think I'm going to love this quilt.


Been a while since I've had so many quilts on the go.

Lastly, I don't have many photos from the wedding - we're excitedly awaiting the "official" photos. This is one of my favourites.


3 comments:

Helen said...

A beautiful photo...great quilts too

Maria said...

Lovely photo...
Yes I can see the secondary pattern in the quilt top and lots of other nice projects you are working on..
Lots of great Xmas stockings and hats come in the post.

marina said...

Such beautiful blocks in all your projects, gorgeous fabrics!
Glad the wedding went off well
Look forward to seeing your creations in the new range
Happy sewing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...