03 July 2020

Short Attention Span

"Gelato" medallion quilt had come to a standstill after the half-square triangle blocks because I spent my sewing time recently working on "Aviatrix Medallion" and "Long Time Gone".


I would have started my next bright, Jen Kingwell quilt, "Gypsy Wife" but I'm waiting for some more fabrics to arrive to add to my Alison Glass and low volume stashes.  Decided to start making the 52 x 4" Sawtooth Stars for the final "Gelato" pieced border.


I needed a break from those little stars, so made a few larger Sawtooth Stars for "Checkerboards and Stars".  This time I'm using Bella Solid Porcelain (200) for the outer background - it's such lovely fabric.


The Figtree and Co text fabric from Farmhouse II looks very pretty against all the different colours for the alternate squares in the checkerboard.


I'm waiting for some fabric to arrive from Karen to use for the sashing stars.  This quilt is very enjoyable to make - a few different components to make before it all comes together.

I've been to the office a few days this week - not many people on campus.  I think this weekend will be quiet.

1 comment:

Maria said...

You are always working on sew many beautiful quilts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...