11 July 2020

Shining Brightly

"Shining Brightly" was cut out in August 2019 and finished on Tuesday night.  This is a Thimble Blossoms design and has been made using Bonnie and Camille's "Early Bird" range - not my favourite of their fabric ranges but it looks good in this quilt pattern.

Jenny, from AngelCake Quilting, quilted it with Baptist Clams and this design looks great in all the white spaces.




Karen, Quilting on the Coast, has been busy working on a few of my recent finishes.  Two cot quilts:



"Crosswalk Charm" table topper


"Aviatrix Medallion" (excited about this one coming back)


and "Lemon Meringue"


Lots of binding over the next few weeks - think I'll ask Mum to sew down the bindings on the cot quilts.

All the various components are finished for "Checkerboards and Stars"


and Thursday night I sewed a couple of rows together.  FigTree and Co fabrics are so lovely, especially the neutral colours like the text fabric in the checkerboards, the spot in the sashings and the taupe in the sashing stars.


Over the past few weeks I've done a lot of internet shopping to re-stock my stash.  An Instagrammer had a destash of Alison Glass fabric and low volume backgrounds, so I was lucky enough to be able to buy a fair amount of what she had for sale.  I finally caught up on a sew-along that started in January (I'm only 6 months late) to make Jen Kingwell's "Gypsy Wife" quilt.


I've also bought 2 more Jen Kingwell Collective patterns to make (one day).  I love these designers' way of putting such a huge variety of mis-matched fabrics together - they look so fabulous.

Working from home and the office during the last couple of weeks.

Little Sweetheart stayed over last night and I'll be spending tomorrow with Gulliver.  Dinner and trivia with friends tonight, so it's turned into a fun weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...