17 July 2020

Aviatrix Medallion

Over four and a half years ago an Instagram friend asked me if I'd like join her making "Aviatrix Medallion", so I went ahead and bought a couple of fat quarter packs of Moda Bella Solids along with the silver grey fabric and cut everything out.  I made two blades for the central star and then packed it all away.  Those star pieces were so wonky and this style of block has never been my forte - too many bias edges to stretch.

Over time I've felt guilty about this pile of fabric sitting in a drawer and at the end of May I decided to get stuck into this quilt.  The central block was done on 1 June and the quilt was finished on 14 July.  All the other rounds of the medallion were much easier than the centre.

I'm thrilled to bits with how it's turned out.  Karen used Diagonal Plaid for the quilting and it looks great - adds a lovely texture without overwhelming the design of the quilt.


The backing was a lucky find at Spotlight - I love this fabric.  Should have bought more to make myself a shirt.


Still mostly working from home and a quiet weekend coming up.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Looks brilliant!

Maria said...

Oh I love the Aviatrix Medallion quilt... Not your usual fabrics at all and the quilting is just perfect too.

Sue Wallace said...

I love this pattern, looks great.
Job well done I say...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...