29 July 2020

Lemon Meringue

This quilt was cut out in August last year and the final binding stitches were sewn on Sunday night.  "Lemon Meringue" is a Corey Yoder design (Coriander Quilts) and it has been made with Bonnie and Camille's "Early Bird" range and their "The Good Life" fabric on the back.


I asked Karen to do "Baptist Clams" for the quilting and I love this design.


"Stripe Me Lucky" quilt top is together.  I have so loved making this quilt. 


I have been collecting fabrics (from my stash and a few purchases) to start another Michelle McKillop quilt design - "Chinoiserie".

After all the brights, I've finally added borders to "Checkerboards and Stars"


and the last round of stars and borders to "Gelato".


These three are now on their way to Karen for quilting.

Last weekend turned out so differently than I thought - lots of fun.  Mum came over for lunch on Saturday and to watch a movie.  My brother also turned up for a visit and it was lovely to see him.  On Sunday Gulliver was coming for the day then Elizabeth, Matt and the two little ones visited and Miss T stayed for the rest of the day with Gulliver.  We all went to the pictures to see "Sonic the Hedgehog".  First time I've been to the pictures since lockdown started and the isolation procedures etc were excellent.  I'm not ready to take Mum yet, no matter how much she misses going.

2 comments:

Maria said...

All the quilts are gorgeous and you always find the best backings ...great binding too.
Sounds like a fantastic weekend spent with family... No I haven't been to the movies yet ??

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely to see what you have been up too.......trying to catch up a bit on blogging......another pile of gorgeous quilts you have made.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...