24 July 2020

Bright Colours

"Checkerboards and Stars" has come to a standstill - made it this far and put it aside. 


There are two borders to be added but I've been distracted by bright colours - a lovely distraction during this cold winter.  I've been making "Stripe Me Lucky", designed by Michelle McKillop using mostly fabrics from my stash.


I needed a few more stripes to add to the mix and found a lovely selection at Amitie Textiles in Victoria and also the black spot for the borders.


I had loads of solids left over from Aviatrix Medallion, which I've used for the sashing Churn Dash blocks.


One border has been made.  No real rhyme or reason to the border, except lighter fabrics used for the outside flying geese.


I've been asked to make a Santa in the Trees quilt
so some shopping was required to stock up on greens - I had a few in my stash but not enough variety.  The white-on-white fabrics have different winter prints:  snowmen, skates, reindeer etc.


Quiet weekend coming up - Mum might visit on Sunday afternoon to watch a movie or two.  Thank heavens for streaming services these days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...