03 April 2020

Red Letter Day

Quilts have been returning home from various parts of the east coast of Australia - I've had quilts at 3 different quilters and they're all back.  Two are with Mum to stitch down the binding, two are finished and I have two more to bind.

I've made "Red Letter Day" twice before and decided to make one using only red Bonnie and Camille fabrics after I had so many red fabrics left over from "Wish Upon a Star".

I added extra stars instead of the white square spaces where the blocks meet up and I also added chequerboard borders to make the quilt more bed-sized.


I loved this gift wrapping fabric - I've used it in pink and aqua on other quilts.


Also love the quilting done by my friend Jenny, AngelCake Quilting.  The cables, with the diamonds where they interlock, are lovely.


Working from home full-time commenced on Monday but it's a great temptation to slip next door to The Pink Room.

Two "Village" blocks - had to make a couple to see what they look like.


I've started another donation quilt.  The proprietor of Sweet Treasures in USA has been sharing instructions on Instagram for a mystery quilt.  The aim is for the finished quilt to be donated to a person or organisation in need.


I'll probably start another one in FigTree fabrics.

I bought a new pattern this week:  "Gypsy Girl" by Anka's Treasures.  Using up most of my FigTree "Chantilly" to make these blocks.  It's a very quick quilt to put together and I can see myself making more of this design.


I hope my friends are safe and well.  It's heartbreaking not visiting my children and grandchildren.  I've limited my visits to Mum and am grateful that her village isn't in total lockdown.  FaceTime is a blessing.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Fabulous Red Letter Day quilt .. Love hoe it has a huge red star in the middle.

Ros King said...

Hi Lynda. I just stumbled upon your blog and had a lovely time looking through your finished quilts. I’m trying to finish a few UFOs during the lockdown so it was inspiring to see how much you have achieved. I noticed you have a Pinterest button so I hope it’s ok to pin your Red Letter Day post to Pinterest, it’s a stunning quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...