06 April 2020

Scrappy Trip Around the World

A few years ago I made a "Scrappy Trip Around the World" quilt following Bonnie K Hunter's wonderful instructions.  A couple of years later I saw a low volume with black feature rows and loved it, so made one like that.  Allison Harris recently hosted a quilt-along and I jumped on board to make another one using low volumes again and aqua for the feature rows.


My friend Jenny, Angelcake Quilting, quilted it for me with "Irene's Swirls" - it looks lovely.


 
I really liked the look of the pink sections I'd made for the Kindness Project Mystery Quilt, so decided to do the same with my Figtree off-cuts to make a second quilt.


The Bonnie and Camille quilt top:


and the FigTree quilt top:


Mum is going pretty well with self-isolation, although she has been out to the shops.  I took a quilt up to her to stitch down the binding in an effort to keep her busy.  She's almost finished the Dwell quilt


and I took a second quilt up to her yesterday afternoon - this Bradley Street quilt is beautiful in the Australian fabrics.


This box of half-square triangles has been in my sewing room for a while.  I was procrastinating over all the pressing/trimming that needs to be done.


Thought I'd do one colour at a time, so last night started on pink.


2 comments:

Maria said...

You're amazing at how many quilts you get together...
Great to have hand sewing to keep Mum busy.

Kay said...

This all looks amazing but I especially like the scrappy trip quilt with the aqua popping everywhere. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...