25 March 2020

This is the backing for the It Takes a Village Dwell quilt - leftover strips from a variety of quilt backings.  The quilt has arrived in Queensland to be quilted by my Instagram friend, Julie, who was in the Dwell Swap with me.


Peta has asked me to make a special quilt - one of her best friends is having a baby in the next couple of weeks and Peta bought these beautiful Australian fabrics.  We've decided on the sage green for the setting triangles.


Once again I'm using "Bradley Street"because it shows off the fabrics.


This sensational May Gibbs linen/cotton fabric is for the backing and also to go in the blank squares in the photo above.


I've been making "Summer Nights" blocks.  These are blocks 1-20/49.


At this very unsettling time, Moda Fabrics has made a Miss Rosie Quilt Co pattern called "Village" available for anyone to download for free.  I wasn't going to join in but saw an IG friend making some lovely houses and thought I could go through all my older fabrics and cut out some house pieces.  As usual, I've cut out way too many, probably enough for two quilts, and I'll start sewing some together over the weekend.  There are so many fabric memories in those stacks.  These quilts will be donated to Keepsafe Quilts, who give them to women's refuges for the families to keep.



I have two quilts to pick up from AngelCake Quilting - Red Letter Day (love this new-to-me cable)


and Scrappy Trip Around the World


I will enjoy binding these two.

2 comments:

Maria said...

The Aussie themed fabrics will made the cutest baby quilt especially the May Gibb fabric...
Great use up leftover fabrics for the backing...
Two more gorgeous quilts completed.
Look forward to seeing your neighbourhood houses grow.
Stay safe and well.

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda

Hope all is well at your place. The May Gibb's fabric is just so lovely, the quilt will be stunning. I have seen a few patchwork shops using the Village as a sew-along. Keep sewing and stay safe.

Happy days.
Bev.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...