01 February 2019

Patchwork Sky

One of last year's Aussie B&C Beehive members chose "Patchwork Sky" for her quilt and we were asked to make one of each block in the quilt.


After making these blocks and two for my sampler quilt, I thought I'd enjoy making the whole quilt.  Was able to use up lots of scraps as well as mini-charm packs and fat quarters.

I started stitching down the binding at Mum's on Sunday night.  Reached the last corner and finished stitching it down on Wednesday night.


The quilt is very pretty with all the aqua fabrics and the limited colour range in the chain blocks.


Karen quilted "Filigree" pattern - this is a design I request a lot because it doesn't overpower the piecing in the quilt top.  I love this backing fabric - have always loved bows and this aqua is so pretty.


I used the sweet white dot fabric from "The Good Life" for the background in this quilt instead of plain white. 


This year's April B&C Beehive block is from Camille Roskelley's "Dwell" quilt in her book "Simply Retro".  Jodie has asked for a 6" filler block to be added to the house and I thought I'd have a go at a pineapple block with my new Marti Michelle pineapple block templates.  I managed to make the centre a bit skew-wiff - am hoping my second attempt will be better, or I'll be making a churn dash or some other simpler block for Jodie :)


Stitched down the binding on the "Next Up" cot quilt last night.  Cot quilts are a great way to try out a new pattern and are always a lovely gift for a friend's new baby/grandbaby.


No 1 Little Sweetheart's 4th birthday today!  She is so entertaining and such wonderful company.  Nothing more precious than the "I love you more" she says when I tuck her in to bed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...