25 February 2019

More Tops

Spent most of last week's sewing time making filler blocks for the B&C Sampler.  I really enjoyed working out all the maths so the blocks would fit together and there aren't too many filler strips that aren't blocks.


I'm very pleased with the overall outcome of the quilt top.


Borders were added


and the backing and binding have been made.


Some fabric parcels arrived last week and I was able to finish putting together the Smitten version of "Butterfly Patch".


I added a border to this one too.


Picked up "Summer Nights" from Karen last week - always love Orange Peel quilting - and now Mum is stitching down the binding.


Over the weekend I pulled out my "Seaglass" blocks and started sewing them together.  The little pieces of white fabric really add some sparkle.


The alternate blocks are Moda Essential Dots in teal on a cream background - a nice contrast to all the pretty FigTree fabrics.


There was also more wedding sewing and I'm hoping to spend next weekend with The Bride to finalise the top.  But, before then, we are hoping for some very exciting, happy news tomorrow.

3 comments:

Maria said...

More gorgeous tops Lynda ....All your blocks have made a pretty quilt.

Maria said...

Enjoy bride sewing and it lovely to have happy news...

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I love your B&C Sampler Quilt! GORGEOUS!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...