30 January 2019

Extra Long Weekend

Last Thursday night I spent some time cutting out blocks for this year's Bonnie and Camille Beehive and for my sampler quilt (I'm making one of each Beehive block to add to a sampler quilt I started last year).


Friday night I made the third quarter of "Moda Love".


Saturday was time for some housework and in the afternoon Mum and I went to see "The Mule" - Mum's choice.  The storyline was a bit predictable but it was enjoyable overall - his heart was eventually in the right place.  I'm not a huge Clint Eastwood fan.

Saturday night I sewed up some beehive blocks and some extras for my 2018 quilt and blocks to go into my sampler.  Such a drama-filled women's tennis final.

Scrappy "Summer Nights" for January
"Starry Starry Night" for February
"Starry Starry Night" for my sampler

Scrappy "Summer Nights" for my 2018 quilt and sampler

The Pink Room was a total mess - making scrappy quilts leads to lots of threads everywhere and lots of boxes of fabrics all over the place.  So Sunday was time for a clean up - I think the room is the tidiest it's been since I first changed it to a sewing room.


Sunday night I went up to Mum's to watch the men's tennis final - that match certainly didn't go as I'd hoped.  Sewed down some of "Patchwork Sky" binding during the match.

The family came for lunch on Monday and then little sweetheart stayed over for her last Tuesday with Nanna before daycare and pre-school start for the year.  We had a great day yesterday - swimming lesson, morning tea, some shopping, lunch then we went to see "Ralph Breaks the Internet" - first animated movie I've see for a very long time.  Little sweetheart enjoyed most of it, especially when Elsa appeared.  She decided she wanted to go home right at the very end of the scary section but then happily watched the rest of the movie.

Last night I sewed up the last section of the "Moda Love" quilt top


and sewed the four pieces together.  This has been a great quilt to make while the tennis has been on - straight sewing and not too many points to worry about when assembling the top.  Plus it made use of the lunchtime cross-words we do in the office.


I think I have a piece of backing fabric big enough for this - bonus!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I LOVE your string quilt. That pattern really looks great that way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...