15 February 2019

Finally Started ...

I am the Queen of Procrastination.  Instead of starting what I should have been making over the last month or so, I have two "Butterfly Patch" quilts underway and last night I sewed some "Summer Nights" blocks into rows and then two rows together.  The star blocks were 2018's Aussie Bonnie and Camille Beehive contribution to my quilt - sadly not all the blocks turned up but I made extras so I would have a queen-sized quilt and one of the group members very kindly sent me a second block (such a lovely thing to do).


Once those two rows were together I got on with what I should be making - a top for the May Bride.  The beautiful, heavy, black satin is the underneath layer of a practice run and is ready to be sewn up tonight so The Bride can try it on over the weekend.  The blue bag contains the fabric for my wedding clothes.


As a reward for actually starting the wedding sewing (I'm good at rewarding myself), I sewed two more rows of "Summer Nights" blocks together.  The star blocks I've received from the girls are in the top three rows.


After the black top is together, I might sew the rest of these blocks together :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

For someone who procrastinates, you get an awful lot done Lynda! Good luck with the brides fitting. Are you making your own outfit too? You will be even busier!

Maria said...

I agree with Susan , you do get a lot done...
Hope all went well with the bride fitting..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...