04 February 2019

Next Up

"Next Up" cot quilt was finished late last week.  This is a design from Carried Away Quilting and has been made using a mini charm pack of "Later Alligator" by Sandy Gervais and other fabrics from my stash.  The quilt will be going to its new home shortly.

This is the second "Next Up" quilt I've made - I'd like to make one in pinks if one of my friends has a little girl grandbaby.


Karen used a cloudy star quilting pattern - another favourite for baby quilts.


Karen has also quilted my "Seaglass" Variation quilt - have to make the binding for this one.  Not sure if I'll use the Snowman Gathering cream fabric, a brown FigTree or make it scrappy.  I love Orange Peel quilting and will be using it a lot this year.


Little Sweetheart's 4th birthday party was great fun - she had a ball with her cousins and little friends.  Elizabeth made the birthday cake - pretty spectacular and a big hit.


Today is her first day at pre-school.  It's all happening!

On Saturday night I had a go at making another pineapple block - this is the second pink one I made and it is ok.  This will be the April block to send off for the B&C beehive.


March's block is "Flower Girl" and we were each asked to use fabrics from one fabric range - I chose "Vintage Holiday".


I wanted to get ahead with the beehive blocks with Elizabeth's baby due in less than 6 weeks and Jenni and Kurt's wedding in 3 months.  May is my turn this year, so that will give me another month's grace.

Basketball is on tonight - second-last home game for the season.  I don't hold out much hope for the Hawks to reach the finals this year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...