02 May 2011

A Bargain

On Thursday night Jenni and I were shopping and I came across this seagrass blanket box at a great sale price.


On Sunday I went to the local hardware shop and bought a few cans of white spray paint


and now it's ready to hold my backing fabrics and other "stuff" under the frame in the sewing room.


One day I'll get around to lining it with some pretty fabric.  One day ...

On Saturday I went on a road trip with three friends to Canberra.  We visited Addicted to Fabric and a couple of other shops.  My shopping was very responsible/restrained - a glue pen and refills so I could start Pies and Tarts, which has been in the cupboard for about 2 years, some hexagon papers and some fabric for a swap present.


I spent most of Sunday afternoon cutting out Pies and Tarts


and then gluing the fabrics to the papers.


I had to make one pie.

Could someone who's made these blocks please let me know when the tails at the centre of the pie should be trimmed (if at all)?  Or, are they pressed until the centre lies flat?

10 comments:

Khris78 said...

Lovely pies !!!! I trim my tails off before i applique onto backing :)

Anonymous said...

lot's of cutting and sticking, hope you enjoyed yourself

Nicky said...

I'm having trouble breathing here right now - I've been drooling over Pies and Tarts for ages now - and it is going to be amazing in those lovely pinks and greens. Really looking forward to seeing this progress!! (No pressure. lol)
The blanket box is great in white - love it.

Roseanne said...

Love your blanket box. Love the colours of your pies.

Tess said...

What a great find.

Leanne said...

I like your basket. I have the pies and tarts BOM waiting the wings for me to start once I have finished my red and white quilt. I will be interested to see your progress.

Yvette said...

I love your Pie's. As soon as I get my klosjes done I will start those.

I like the white on the box, you did a great job.

Lorraine said...

Cutting and glueing.....just like kindergarten really...LOL....love the first pie! ....the blanket box looks great with it's coat of paint...no need to line the inside..it will be full of fabric so you won't see the interior!

Jo in TAS said...

Oh Pies and tarts is a gorgeous quilt and your pie is looking just as beautiful! Love your blanket box too!

Bec said...

Love your cane chest! Gorgeous!
The pie is looking good, such lovely looking fabrics! Wonder if you could email Sue Daley to ask her about the tails???

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...