21 March 2024

Cot Quilts

Once again I am months behind.

In mid-January Jenni and Kurt hosted a bbq for their friends at my place as a get-together before their baby arrived.  In this photo 5 of the ladies are pregnant.


Consequently, I've been busy making cot quilts but, of course, my grandbaby's quilt is nowhere near finished.

The first of Jenni’s friends’ babies was born a couple of weeks after the bbq.  These are photos of her friend’s nursery


and Jenni wanted me to make her friend a cot quilt that toned in with the nursery colours/themes.  I used Jocelyn Proust Australian bird fabrics along with "Grunge"fabric to make a small version of Cluck, Cluck, Sew's "Sugar Dish" quilt - I love the little Dresden Plates.


I have a couple more finished for Jenni to give to her friends when their babies are born.  A dear friend sent me a bundle of gorgeous Peter Rabbit fabrics and I've made two quilts featuring them.


This cot quilt is based on Thimble Blossoms' "Clambake" quilt - I used charm packs of "Delivered with Love" rather than the larger-sized blocks in the pattern.


The final cot quilt (for the moment) was made in the Peter Rabbit fabric.  It is for my hairdresser's baby boy, who was born in January.


2 comments:

Maria said...

5 ladies in waiting WOW!
You’ve make them all gorgeous baby quilts and the one for your granddaughters nursery is perfect.

Chookyblue...... said...

What a wonderful collection your making...... Very special babies....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...