08 August 2022

Pattern Test

I was making good progress on "Star Pop" - another three rows added to the quilt

when a friend on Instagram (Jo, @thimblesandneedles) asked me to test her new pattern.  When I've tested her other patterns I'd make a couple of the blocks for the body of the quilt plus some side blocks and a corner block - many of her quilts are set on point.

Last week Jo sent me (and some other quilters) her latest design, "Berry Parfait", to test.  I didn't have any berry coloured fabrics in my stash that I felt would suit the theme or the pattern but I found a bunch of yellow/pink/orange/green fabrics that all looked pretty together and I decided to make the throw sized quilt.

Didn't take too much time to sew up the blocks for the body of the quilt.


It seemed to take longer to sew up the side and top/bottom filler blocks.  I had a busy time with family over the weekend so didn't have an opportunity to set out the blocks or sew them together.  Maybe later this week.

The pattern has great pressing instructions.


Saturday and Sunday nights I made the August blocks for Chooky's Churn Dash SAL.  One more month of block making then it will be time to start assembling the quilt top.

On Saturday we went to visit Jenni, Kurt and Vinnie - haven't been able to see them for a few weeks because they've been sick and didn't want to give us their bug.  Had a lovely time with them.

Yesterday T&H came for the day - Elizabeth is recovering from sinus surgery earlier in the week.  H and I cooked lamb shanks for dinner and a lemon syrup poppyseed cake using lemons I'd brought back from Jenni's tree.

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Some more lovely quilts in progress..... The churn dash blocks look great.....

Jenny said...

Wow you are a busy stitcher. I love all of them

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...