17 August 2022

All Stacked Up

"All Stacked Up" is a Kaffe Fassett design and has been made using mostly Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  A friend gave me two identical bundles of the Kaffe fabrics - I really like the stripes and a couple of the prints but am a bit unsure about some of the other prints/colourways.  I added some leftover Jen Kingwell fabrics and a couple of stripes to the mix.  The quilt is large lap size.


Karen quilted this with "Featheration" - I've used this design a lot lately and it looks good on this quilt.

I'd like to make All Stacked Up again using a different fabric range or enough stripes to have a stripe section in each block. 

A couple of weeks ago I cut into my Bonnie and Camille "Merry Little Christmas" fat quarter bundle. "Dwell 2" designed by Thimble Blossoms.


These houses are so quick to piece.  I cut out way more than I needed, so I'll need to spend a bit of time working on the layout - think I'll need another two stars.


I now have five bundles of blocks ready to be sewn into quilt tops:  Sewcialites, Swoon, Fireworks, Berry Parfair and Dwell 2.  Maybe I'll sew one together next week.

The other quilt I cut out is "Starlets" designed by Modernly Morgan.  I'm making this quilt with my friend Karen (@countrymum3).


Again, these blocks are very quick piecing.  The stars are very cute and there is no need to worry about cutting off the points with this method of making stars.  This will be small throw size so should come together quickly.

2 comments:

loulee said...

Lots going on at your place. Yes, Kaffe fabrics are a bit like Marmite, you love them or you don't. Though I have to say, some have grown on me.

marina said...

beautiful! I am not a great fan of KF but find if the pieces are small enough they are palatable.
such cute houses and stars!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...