22 August 2022

Making Quilt Tops

"Starlets" blocks are very quick to make and because I'm making the small throw size, I had the number I needed pretty quickly .  I put these blocks aside to sew together on another day - I seem to do that a lot.


I hadn't kept count when I was cutting out the house blocks for "Dwell 2" and I cut way more blocks than needed - turns out I have enough to make quite a large quilt


Decided it was time I sewed up some of these blocks I have piled up on the spare bed and started with "Swoon", which has the least number of blocks.


Backing and binding fabric for Swoon.


Next up is "Dwell 2" - this is just over halfway.  I'm waiting for some more red fabric to arrive to make another two stars.

I hope to sew up "Berry Parfait" next, then it might be time to send a couple of parcels to Karen.

The laundry is finished

Before
After

but the "new" room (5th bedroom/study) isn't quite done - the skirting boards need another coat of paint before furniture is moved in.  The paint on the skirting boards was damaged when the floor was polished - I painted them a week ago but that didn't quite cover the damaged areas.  Might have time next weekend to paint.  The light fitting is in.  I'd love to be able to afford new white windows in all the rooms.  Still trying to decide on a blind.

Spent Saturday with my friend Lynell packing - after 40 years in her home she and her husband are moving (to my suburb) - it's a big job.  Yesterday I visited Mum then went to a lunch with another friend.  I'm really pretty shy and it's good to meet/chat with some new people.

2 comments:

Maria said...

More lovely quilts you’ve been working on.
Really like your new look laundry.

Chookyblue...... said...

the tops are coming together.....love the backing/binding for the swoon quilt.......I've got a quilt I can send off now since all my quilt binding is done.......
the laundry looks great......nearly finished the house.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...