30 August 2022

More Quilt Tops

Still sewing up the stacks of blocks.  "Berry Parfait" is a quilt top I made to test a pattern for Thimbles and Needles - another great, scrappy design that goes together so well.  I love a pattern with pressing instructions.


Last week I sent "Berry Parfait", along with three other quilt tops/backings to Karen (Quilting on the Coast) and the first one is on the way back.  "Happy Stripes" designed by Quilty Love.  This is a baby-sized quilt and I think the texture will be wonderful.

"Dwell 2" blocks have been sewn up and this quilt top is pretty bit (around 91" x 95") - quilting will shrink it a bit.  I'm starting another pile to send to Karen.



"Sewcialites" blocks were finished in June last year but I've been dithering about the layout.  Saw this layout on Sister's Choice blog and liked the look of it.  I think I'll add a white border then it can go onto the pile to go to Karen.


"Fireworks" blocks still to be sewn together then I think I'll be up-to-date but I've been sidetracked by a container of half-square triangle offcuts that I started sewing up and trimming.  These are all sewn and I have one more lot to trim then I'll have the 400 needed to make Thimble Blossoms' 25 HST Blocks - 25 different blocks from half-square triangles (16 per block).


The blue triangles in the photo above ("Happy Stripes" offcuts in "Nantucket Summer") will be made into a "Moda Love" block - might be a cushion cover.


Here it is sewn together. 


Recent photo of our littlest sweetheart that Jenni posted - he is the funniest little fellow.  I'll be spending Thursday and Saturday night with him - can't wait.


3 comments:

Maria said...

Lots of beautiful quilts made and in progress.
Your GS sure is a funny little fella...

Chookyblue...... said...

always love seeing what you are up to........so many great projects here.........

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wow, lots of great quilt tops. Very busy sewing studio.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...