26 May 2020

Pyjama Babies Cot Quilt

A new baby boy was born into my dear friend's family in April.  I stitched out some cute designs called "Pyjama Babies" on the embroidery machine and found a very sweet fabric in Spotlight to use for the surrounding Sawtooth Stars, backing and binding.


Mum stitched down the binding and the quilt will be going to the Grandma next time I see her.

Last August, I think it was, I cut out blocks for "Lemon Meringue" a quilt designed by Corey Yoder in Bonnie and Camille's "Early Bird" range.  Since then I've been making the blocks and they're now all done.


Sashings are next and then the quilt top can be sewn together.

Karen sent me another charm pack of "Catalina" and now a border has been added to "Crosswalk Charm Quilt" table topper and it is ready for quilting.


I love this "Coney Island" fabric - it's the backing for the table topper.


Another new start:  "Gelato" designed by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life.  This time I've used all FigTree and Company fabrics - mostly left-over pieces from other quilts.


"Gypsy Girl" designed by Anka's Treasures is finished.  I stitched down the binding while watching tv on the weekend.  The FigTree and Company "Chantilly" fabrics are so pretty.


I'm part way through sewing down the binding on my red "Summer Nights" quilt - hope to finish that some time this week.

Still working from home although instead of our usual zoom meeting on Friday, we met up at a cafe for a coffee - so nice to see everyone from the office again after 8 or so weeks.

1 comment:

Maria said...

The Pyjama Babies make a cute Quilt and you found great fabric for the sashing and backing.
The Lemon Meringue blocks will make a lovely quilt.
Great table topper and the new pattern will be fun for you to put together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...