12 May 2020

Bradley Street Cot Quilt

My sweet daughter-in-law, Peta, asked me to make a quilt for her friend who was having her first baby in April.  Peta bought most of the fabrics and had a particular fabric in mind for the backing.


We ended up not using the teal for the binding.  The May Gibbs fabric chosen for the backing is just stunning.


I've lost count of how many times I've made this pattern.  My friend, Jenny, quilted it using a wattle/gum leaf design and it was a perfect choice.



Mum stitched down the binding


Peta was very happy with the quilt and so was her friend.

I started another cot quilt yesterday after work - gosh it was a quick design to cut out and sew up.  Lots of big pieces.  This is "Ziggy Baby" designed by Cluck Cluck Sew - this is such a great design that will work with loads of colourways and ideas:  brights, pastels, I Spy etc.


I had just enough of the pink pin dot to use for the background/step fabric


and just enough of the pretty Amy Sinibaldi peach fabric for the backing.


I like to have a few cot quilts ready for when my children want one for their friends' new babies.

Still working at home.  My birthday fell on Mothers' Day this year and I was so pleased and grateful that the family could visit (in shifts).

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love the design of the Ziggy Baby quilt. It is very graphic yet I'm sure it's simple to make. I think I need to add that one to my Pinterest page!

Maria said...

Both baby quilts are beautiful..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...