05 May 2020

Cot Quilts & Other New Starts

Can't seem to settle to working on one thing at the moment, so there's a few new starts.

When I made the first "Sweet Escape" quilt, I made a big mistake cutting out the aqua strips.  Fortunately I was able to use lots of them in the wallhanging size "Sweet Escape" and the leftover pieces have been used in nine-patch blocks in the centre panel of a cot quilt.


Added some Chelsi Stratton hearts to the top and bottom, some simple borders and it's done.


While working from home, I thought it would be ok to have the embroidery machine working away and stitched out these cute "Pyjama Babies" designs.


Found this cute fabric on special in Spotlight and it works very well with the colours in the embroideries.


The quilt top is being custom quilted and will be going to a dear friend's new grandson.


I found a charm pack of the new FigTree & Co fabric "Catalina" that I had hidden away in the Pink Room and started a little table topper quilt called "Crosswalk Charm" quilt - just need to buy some Catalina yardage for the outer border and binding when it's available in Australia.  I've also been making some blocks for a new B&C sampler quilt.


On the weekend I started sewing the "Village" blocks together.  I love these quilts - so much colour and lots of fun fabrics.  This one will be going to Keepsafe Quilts along with the Kindness Project quilts I made a while ago.


The isolation restrictions were lifted a little in NSW on Friday, just in time for Matt's birthday (my son-in-law) on Sunday.  So lovely to visit Matt, Elizabeth and the two little ones to wish Matt happy birthday and have lunch with them.  I haven't seen T since the start of isolation and have been missing her a lot. I had a visit with H a few weeks ago and I've seen Michael, Peta and Gulli a few times as well as visiting Mum twice a week.

Yesterday was Jenni and Kurt's first wedding anniversary - what an eventful year they've had. 


1 comment:

Maria said...

I think many of us can't seam to settle on one thing.. You've found lovely projects to work on..
The embroidered baby quilt is cute and the backing was perfect.
Beautiful photos of your family..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...