21 May 2020

Sweet Escape Wallhanging

A lady in USA asked me to make her a wallhanging to fit a particular spot in her house.  She wanted this design, "Sweet Escape" in Bonnie and Camille fabrics with yellow backing and the red/white stripe for binding.  She also asked for Orange Peel quilting so I sent the quilt to Karen for quilting.


Karen has also been busy quilting another two of my quilts.  "Gypsy Girl" designed by Anka's Treasures in FigTree and Company's pretty "Chantilly" range.


And "Summer Nights" in red Bonnie and Camille fabrics.


Both of these quilts are home and waiting for me to sew on the bindings.

Many years ago I bought the pattern for "Strawberry Social" and just never got around to making it - I thought it would be a good quilt to make now so I sorted through my red box of fabrics and had plenty to make the strawberries (without using any Bonnie & Camille or FigTree fabrics).


I did make one smaller Bonnie and Camille strawberry to add to my next Bonnie and Camille Sampler.


The quilt top is now finished and is with Jenny for quilting.


I bought the cute strawberry fabric last year from Auntie's Quaint Quilts to use with this quilt and the binding has been in the drawer for years - made it for a quilt and didn't use it, so that's a bonus.


Still working from home but there is talk of going back to the office some time next month.

2 comments:

Kay said...

The Bonnie and Camille quilt is gorgeous, this is going to be a wonderful eye-catching piece on her wall. I also love the strawberry social quilt, I have seen them done a few times on Pinterest and always think i would like to do one one day. x

Maria said...

A beautiful wall hanging for the US lady..
Love the Strawberry quilt and you have the perfect backing with red strippy binding too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...