01 June 2020

Gypsy Girl

"Gypsy Girl" is a quilt I made following a suggestion from a lady who purchased the "Summertime" quilt earlier this year.  I thought it would suit FigTree and Co's "Chantilly" fabrics and it's turned out to be very pretty.


Karen, Quilting on the Coast, used a new design, "Brittany", and it looks lovely on this quilt.


In January 2016 I cut out the fabrics for "Aviatrix Medallion", made two segments of the centre star and promptly packed it all up and put it away in a drawer.


After starting "Gelato", another medallion quilt, I thought about "Aviatrix Medallion" and took it out of the drawer for the first time since January 2016.  I saw why I was so disheartened - this type of star is my nemesis.  I've always found them difficult to make accurately.

I packed away "Gelato" and have been working on "Aviatrix Medallion" since.


This is the first quilt I've made using only solid fabrics.  There are two more borders and then the top will be finished at ~80" square.

On Saturday afternoon I picked up two quilts from Jenny at AngelCake Quilting.  "Strawberry Social"


and "Village".  The quilting designs Jenny chose are lovely.


During May each year Instagram hosts #memadeMay and this year I joined in with one day to spare.  I've had this Echino linen and the "Schoolhouse Tunic" pattern for around 10 years and thought it was about time I sewed it up.  A bit difficult to match the stripes with the splits and pleats in the design.  This will be a lovely top for next Spring.


The start of another week working from home although I did go to the office for a few hours this morning.  Three days' leave this week and I'll be back at work on Friday.

1 comment:

Maria said...

The quilting on all three quilts is beautiful and the " Gelato" flimsy is stunning..
Your bright. Spring top is lovely...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...