06 May 2012

Progress

I decided I wanted to use the blue and white check for the sashings, borders and binding and would have just had enough after sewing lots of little pieces together.  On Friday I visited my local fabric shop (HobbySew) to look for some backing and would you believe they still had the check fabric in stock.  I bought all that was left on the bolt and will use it for backing Big Dots and the Alphabet Clown Sampler.  The Big Dots quilt top is together and I love it.

Big Dots
Yesterday, after the Ride Around the Lake and some grocery shopping I pulled out the Bow Tie pieces I'd cut out a couple of weeks ago.


Practice Block
I spent some of yesterday afternoon and evening sewing the pieces together - a bit of a production line happening.



and by bedtime the blocks were made and on the design sheet.


I may re-arrange some of the blocks a bit more.  This won't be a very large quilt - the bow ties section will measure ~40" x 40" and I'll add a couple of borders.  I tried to use as many of the off-white/cream/light caramel background fabrics in my stash as I could.

During the afternoon my friend Karen came to visit and we sorted out our fabrics for a quilt we are each going to make using the same pattern.  Was so nice to see her and spend some time playing with fabrics.

Another beautiful autumn day on the South Coast.  Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

De said...

Very productive Lynda. Love the big dots

Anonymous said...

looking good, I wish I had your enthusiasm LOL

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Just love the Big Dots quilt. your other blocks have come together so well. Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Maria said...

The Big Dots Quilt looks fabulous...
WOW you sure got a lot done on the bow ties too.
Love that block.
Sew nice to spend time with sewing friends in the cave...

Unknown said...

WOW Your Bow Ties look Great You get sooo much Done..well done.
cheers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...