25 May 2012

Sidetracked

After looking through a couple of my books ("Scrap Basket Sensations" etc) I got it into my head to go through my scrap drawers and cut the fabrics into 2-1/2" strips.  While doing that I came across a bagful of off-cuts from the Simplicity quilt top I finished putting together a little while ago.


 There were a gazillion triangle pieces.  So, I spent a bit of time making pinwheels and half-square triangle blocks.


This is an evolving quilt top.  I'm trying to use up the left-over fabric and I like having the wide borders so show off the lovely floral.

I did a bit of necessary on-line shopping this week and the goodies have arrived.


I've noticed the hexagon purse on a few blogs and after seeing the beautiful finished purse on Marina's blog decided I needed the pattern and the bits to make one for myself.  The pattern book for Michael's new jumper also arrived (I'm not making the jumper on the cover).

 My goodies from Sarah arrived today - so I'm one happy camper.


Don't have plans for any of this just yet but I'm sure it won't take me too long.

We're going to a 21st birthday party tonight and out for dinner with friends tomorrow night - we're such social butterflies these days :)  Happy weekend.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Shopping.... of course is important Lynda, nice buys. The quilt looks great and to use scraps is even better.

Well done

Helen

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

You've created a beautiful new block with your scraps Lynda! New items are great for inspiration & your new fabric is sooooo pretty!
Cheers....Jane.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...