29 January 2012

Zig Zag Whimsy

This quilt top seems to have taken so much longer to put together compared with the others I've made recently.  I like it now that it's done.


 
Another quilt top on the pile.  Hopefully the batting will arrive tomorrow.  I found a piece of batting large enough for my Oh Cherry Oh table topper so I'm going to pin baste that this afternoon and maybe start quilting.  Back in November I bought a new sewing machine for the frame and I still haven't tried out out.  I've been wanting to quilt something small at the dining room table to get a feel for the machine before putting it on the frame and couldn't do that before Christmas because I had to wait for the walking foot to arrive.  Today is the day.

Beautiful summer's day on the sunny South Coast - lovely change from all the rain we've had.

10 comments:

Christine said...

Gorgeous Lynda ... you have been very productive lately.

Helen said...

That is lovely Lynda. Good luck with the new machine.

Helen

PS, I still have the wool lol just didn't get down to Dianns but don't worry you will get it.

Maria said...

How many beautiful quilt tops do you have ready to to quilted??? You have a lot of nice ones lately.
Good luck with the machine.

Unknown said...

Your Quilt is Lovely looking forward to seeing it Quilted.
cheers

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow that looks so good Lynd...

Cardygirl said...

The zigzag looks great!

Leanne said...

Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it. A new machine to play with how exciting.

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Good luck trying out the new machine. Love the zig zag quilt.
happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Teresa said...

The quilt is really lovely Lynda.. and so effective - just love the zig zags and the fabrics. I hope you have good luck with the machine. It has finally stopped raining here... although they're predicting more rain,I've got my fingers crossed it has finished at least for a few days!!

Bec said...

It looks fantastic! So very effective.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...