17 January 2012

The Two of Us

I spent yesterday in the sewing room - first time I've spent practically a whole day in there since I finished work.

The stitchery I did while on our road trip is for this bag. It's called "The Two of Us" and is a Rosalie Quinlan pattern.




I love the bright striped fabric - really goes well with the thread colours. The bag is for a girlfriend for her birthday in 3 weeks.

Last October when the girls were over for a stitching day, I started making these blocks from "Bliss" fabric. The quilt design is "Hot Cross" from Carrie Nelson's Book "Schnibbles Times Two". The quilt is an engagement present for Michael and Peta. I love the colours and the lattice design.

I put a 10" wide floral border on the quilt top so that it sits well on a queen size bed.

Need to buy a roll of batting so that I can get stuck into quilting the ever-growing stack of quilt tops as well as the other quilts I plan to make over the next few months.

9 comments:

De said...

Lovely way to spend a whole day

Vicki said...

All your phtotos are red crosses for me :(

Leanne said...

Your photos are not visible but I am sure a day in the sewing room is wonderful.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I can see the girls have told you that there are no photos....glad you had a good day...

Nicky said...

Beautiful bag Lynda, you are so organised having it ready 3 weeks early. The Bliss engagement quilt is gorgeous, lovely fabrics, and the lattice work shows it all off so well. Happy stitching!

Lorraine said...

Lovely work Lynda....love the lattice quilt!

Unknown said...

What a Gorgeous Pressie Love the Design in the Quilt and Bliss looks Perfect for it...
cheers

alda said...

"stitch and patch" oh yeah, I love this way of quilting *lol* Your bag is soOOoo sweet, also your quilt top is very gorgeous! ( love the colours of your works!)

Bec said...

Gorgeous quilt! Love the bright and cheerful bag!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...