21 January 2012

Quick Quilt Top

I had two charm packs of Fig Tree's Buttercup plus a little bit by the yard in my cupboard and bought another two charm packs on special at Hatched and Patched.  Four charm squares sewn together to make a larger square, 2-1/2" sashings and posts, the tennis on the tv to watch/listen to and it's done.


This photo shows the colours better
I've ordered some B fabrics (border, backing and binding) and when they arrive I'll finish off the top.

We are going to a wedding in July and this may be the present.  I showed these fabrics and some Bliss fabrics to the bride's mother and asked her which she thought her daughter would like - she chose Buttercup.  I'm slowly working my way through the Fig Tree stash.  Have a bit of a Bonnie and Camille stash happening too.

We had a great night out in Sydney on Thursday night - dinner with all the kids at a Mexican in Newtown and coffee/sweets at Max Brenner.  Lunch with The Schoolgirls today.  Seem to be a "lady who lunches" lately.  No complaints from me.

6 comments:

Kylie said...

Love the quilt Lynda - nice and easy xxx

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Your quilt will make the perfect wedding present, good luck with the tennis watching, going to be a great match tonight with Tomic and Federer.
happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Nicky said...

Lovely Fig Tree top Lynda, you make it sound so easy! Enjoy the tennis - tonight I'll be flicking between the tennis and the cricket.... should mean lots of time for stitching too I hope!

gracie said...

Beautiful quilt.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love this one....hope you had a good lunch...

Bec said...

Very pretty Lynda! A great use of charm packs and fabric....do you have enough for binding???

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...