31 January 2012

Quilting

I found a piece of batting the right size for my table topper so Sunday was the day to baste and unpack the new machine.  It goes like the clappers, even on slowest speed, and has a great extension table.


Then yesterday morning the new roll of batting was delivered but it was way too hot to even think about playing with wool.


Did a bit more quilting on the table topper this afternoon and finished off a piece of punchneedle at stitching tonight - it's for a Rosalie Quinlan bag pattern.  I started the punchneedle when I was on holidays - let me just say that using that needle in the car in an experience!  Poked myself quite a few times then decided it was safer to stitch.

There will be lots of basting and quilting in my future.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely projects Lynda.xx

Maria said...

You will be able to quilt like the wind on the new machine when it's cooler.
Get those 7-8 quilt tops done in no time.....

Chookyblue...... said...

your always so productive........your be flying now.........

Bec said...

So exciting when the batting roll arrives isn't it! Keep us posted as to how you like the 100% wool.
The table topper is looking fantastic and it sounds like the new machine is super fast!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

LOOKING GOOD

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...