04 July 2011

Vintage Valentine

"Vintage Valentine" designed by Verna Mosquera of The Vintage Spool was started in 2006 (I think) and finished on 1 July 2011.  I lost enthusiasm for this quilt so many times but am really happy that it's finished at long last.

"Vintage Valentine" 72" x 72"
"Vintage Valentine" centre block
The Backing
The quilt was started as a sew-along with Helen, Jenny and Diann - 2 of the quilts have been finished for years.

Another busy weekend has gone - trip to Sydney to see Michael for his birthday on Saturday, dinner at a lovely Lebanese restaurant in Surrey Hills (complete with belly dancer) and visiting friends yesterday afternoon.

I've put the Gingham Girls stitcheries away for the time being to concentrate on some knitting for Peta's upcoming birthday as well as cardigans for Jenni and me.  I'm hoping to put the "Sweet" quilt onto the frame this week - quilting on the frame with the new sewing machine is certainly different to the old 830.  Had a little practice on Saturday and found that the view of the stitching area is somewhat blocked by larger motor area over the needle and foot.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Quilt is Beautiful...
cheers

Yvette said...

Oh Lynda! Your quilt is FABULOUS!!!!

What a coincidence that you posted this. Guess what I worked on today. Yup, my Vintage Valentine. LOL!!! I sure wish it was finished like yours though.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful!

Maria said...

What a wonderful finish Lynda.
Just beautiful.

Lorraine said...

wow....looks great Lynda - it's great to get a finish isn't it! You have done a great job with the quilting!

Anonymous said...

well done it looks amazing, I had no idea it was so big

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

OMG.....just stunning Lynda...

Leanne said...

WOW Lynda your quilt is beautiful.

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Oh big congratulations,just love this quilt. Good luck with the quilting. Another one nearly of your list.
happy days.
bev.xoxo

Lucky-1 said...

OMG how stunning is your quilt and well worth the wait too. Did I tell you its my birthday on the 17 of next month;-P

HUGGLES
Lucky

Helen said...

LOVE IT Lynda, your quilt looks fantastic and I'm so proud of you for getting it finished.

Helen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...