Seems to me that my sewing room is a continuing Work in Progress. Weekend before last John and I visited Ikea to buy some new shelving/wall units for the room. Before the wall units could be built I needed to make a bit of a mess. Many of my magazines are being donated to a local quilt group (I have scanned the patterns/designs that I want to keep).
Elizabeth visited for the weekend - we had lunch at the Nan Tien Temple, saw the amazing embroidery exhibition at the Temple, visited Mum. We drove her home yesterday afternoon and I learned a new mathematical formula: 1 return trip to Sydney = 6 Pies sewn (for my Pies and Tarts Quilt).
We arrived home about 5.00 pm and decided to spend some time unpacking the Ikea boxes.
By 8.30 pm they were both in the sewing room, the drawers had been assembled and the larger unit attached to the wall (we need some wall plugs as there is no joist near the screw plates, hence the drills in one of the cubicles) and we had eaten dinner. These last few photos were taken on my phone last night - when everything is set up nicely I'll take some daylight photos on the camera. The photos up the top show more true colours.
Even though it will take a while for me to work out what should go where, I love the look of the wall units and having all my stuff within easy reach. The only issue I have is that I've lost my quilt-hanging space in the sewing room - I had "Leanne's House" hanging there for a few years and more recently Rosalie Quinlan's "Little Patchwork Village".