12 April 2022

Rearranging

I will be on holidays next week and my plan was to do a bit of furniture reshuffling in The Pink Room.  A little bit of water seeped onto the carpet under the window during the unbelievably heavy rain last week, so I decided to move the furniture on the weekend.  It's time for Elizabeth's desk, corner unit and hutches to go to a new home (they're listed on GumTree for free).


Moved the desk my Dad built for me when I was 8 to along the wall under the window for the overlocker and moved a slim chest/bookcase from Jenni's original bedroom to the corner then moved the sewing table adjacent to the wall leaving more space to the left of the sewing table.  I'll give it a couple of weeks to see if I like this new arrangement.  This room is always a work in progress.


"Jiggery Pokery" is together - I don't have a wallspace to hang it so that I can take a good photo.


It's 90" x 96" - will shrink a little bit with quilting.


The backing.


"Castle Gardens" is also together - this one is more large lap size.


A friend sent me the fabrics for this quilt, including the pretty Tilda backing fabric.


Both quilts have been sent to Karen for quilting.

Had a fun time at work yesterday with Jenni, Kurt, Vinnie, John, Elizabeth, T and H coming to campus for lunch.  So wonderful to see the little ones having a great time together.

Definitely looking forward to the Easter break and holidays (starting Wednesday night).

3 comments:

marina said...

nice to do some rearranging every now and then.
your new tops look gorgeous and you always pick the most perfect backings.
Enjoy your break and I look forward to see your creating!

Maria said...

Nice to have a change around in your sewing space.
Both quilt tops are lovely with great backings…
Enjoy your Easter break.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely quilts.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...