05 April 2022

Master Plan

This would have to be one of my most favourite quilts ever.  A lot of cutting out (I used stash instead of charm packs as suggested in the pattern), a lot of piecing and then my usual angst with laying out the rows.  Because of the stars kind of interlocking, the blocks couldn't be sewn into stars and then laid out - it had to be made row by row.

So happy with how it turned out.  Each star is made of a unique fabric but fabrics have been repeated in the four patches and the outer chequerboard border.


The backing was a fun Moda fabric I'd bought a few months ago from the Fabric Sauce - I knew it would suit one of my quilts in the future.


I asked Karen to use "Featheration" for this quilt - even though it's a busy design it doesn't overwhelm the patchwork and the texture is lovely.  Karen adjusted the size of the design and it turned out beautifully.

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

I love it Lynda!! Such a glorious scrappy delight! Congratulations on the finish!

Maria said...

It’s stunning Lynda and the backing is just right….

Chookyblue...... said...

oh thats beautiful Lynda......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...