28 April 2022

Jiggery Pokery

Finished stitching down the binding on this large quilt on Monday night.  I love the name - it means "trickery".  The quilt was designed by Kaffe Fasset and I've used a lot of Jen Kingwell's "Gardenvale" fabrics along with some Moda Bella Solids.


I asked Karen to use "Featheration" on this quilt too - really happy with how it looks.


I was on holidays for the week after Easter and was able to spend some time sewing.  The main blocks for a blue version of "Blueberry Kisses" are made.  When I get back to this, pieced setting triangles will be next.


A friend asked me to make the small version of Elizabeth Hartman's "Pretty Birds" for her with white cockatoos as a tribute to her 40 yo cockatoo.  I really like Elizabeth's patterns - although there are many pieces in some blocks, the pattern is very well-written with great diagrams and lots of detailed instructions.  I used Alison Glass fabrics because the colours are so fantastic.

Cockatoos
Lorikeets
Macaws
Toucans
Cockatiels

When I have the backing fabric sorted and another secret-sewing quilt top finished, I'll send "Pretty Birds" off for quilting.

Little Sweetheart stayed over last Friday night and we took out my Thimble Blossoms jigsaw puzzle to start.  I've had this for a long time but hadn't jumped on the Covid jigsaw bandwagon.  


Have to say, it's a great time-waster.  A couple of times since I've completely lost track of time.  I have a couple more jigsaw puzzles in the cupboard and will be doing them once this one is finished.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Jiggery Pokery is very nice! Job well done!

loulee said...

What a great finish. I love your birdies, so bright and colourful.
I recently took up jigsaw puzzling again too.

Chookyblue...... said...

good to have jiggery done.......the birds look good........

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...