03 November 2020

I really like house blocks and made this house from Thimble Blossoms' "Autumnville" pattern to go into my sampler.


The sampler is now together - some of the newer blocks didn't make it into the finished top but they will probably be used in the next one.  I still try to make a block in B&C fabrics from each quilt I make, so that gives me a good headstart for another sampler.


Backing fabric arrived yesterday and this pretty aqua will be the binding.


Over the last few weeks I've been cutting out fabric for a second "Chinoiserie" quilt.  Started sewing the blocks on Sunday evening and the lower four rows are together.


My "An Hourglass a Day" stack is growing.  On Sunday I started making two hourglasses a day (four blocks) - I think I'll need 400+ so it's fair enough to increase the daily number.


Sewcialites Block 6 "Devotion" - I've found this one the most difficult so far.  It's not very neat but will hopefully sit in the quilt top ok when it's all together.

Had a fun weekend catching up with The Schoolgirls for brunch on Saturday, then T & G came over on Sunday - they don't keep still and make me laugh.

Last night I started cutting out "Stroll", a new Thimble Blossoms pattern using mostly scraps (lots of cutting) and I also want to cut out Cotton Way's "Summer Days" from the B&C scrap bin.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Busy busy working on lots of lovely projects....love the aqua binding....

marina said...

amazing sampler quilt LYnda!
love your little hourglasses... will they be a quilt on their own or combined with other blocks too?
pretty devotion block but it looks very fiddly, well done on mastering it.
happy cutting

Chookyblue...... said...

can't wait to see the Chinoiserie quilt come together.......rerally like that one..........cute little hour glasses.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...