28 October 2020

Santa in the Trees

 "Santa in the Trees" was a fun quilt to make for a family in Victoria.


Quilting (for Karen) was a nightmare.  The very cute backing fabric was from Spoonflower and it feels like the design is painted onto white cotton fabric so the feel of the fabric and sewing tension is very different to what we're used to.  It looks great on the top.


I had plenty of tree triangles leftover so I made a wallhanging for the family as well.


On Sunday afternoon I didn't know what I felt like working on, so I settled on making some more blocks for my Bonnie and Camille sampler.

Strawberry from Thimble Blossoms' "Stroll"
Splendid Speck's "Bradley Street"
FigTree's "Checkerboards and Stars"
Michelle McKillop's "Stripe Me Lucky"
Rainbow from Bonnie and Camille's "Quilting Bee"
Lighthearted from Bonnie and Camille's "Quilting Bee"

Some blocks have been added, some removed and others moved around but it's coming together.


Last week was "Book Week" in NSW schools.  Here is my pregnant Kindy Assistant Principal ready to go to school.  Those students are very fortunate to have her as their teacher.

Brunch with the Schoolgirls this weekend and maybe Mum and I will go to the pictures - there are a couple of Australian films I'd like to see.

1 comment:

marina said...

love the santa in the trees quilt!! gorgeous matching pillow too.
such beautiful blocks.
Your daughter has a great book week outfit, very cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...