09 November 2020

Orange Weekend

Last week's Sewcialites block is called "Kindred" and was designed by Bonnie Olaveson (Cotton Way and Bonnie from Bonnie and Camille).  I have a sketch of all the blocks together that I had previously coloured in showing the colours of the solid fabrics I have in my stash, so it was orange this time.

A much easier block to make than last week's.


"Chinoiserie" 2 is together and is with the quilter.


I love this Art Gallery Fabric designed by Bari J - it's the backing for Chinoiserie and it feels so lovely.  Don't think I've used black and white stripe for a binding before.


Over the years I've made a couple of orange and white quilts and have been asked to make an orange and white lap quilt so I'm making a smaller version "Picnic", a FigTree and Co design.


Four blocks done to see how it's going to look.  There are so many shades of orange.


The mottled orange is the backing and may be the outer border, the orange vine fabric is for the scallop border and the orange solid may be the outer border or the binding.

Had a pretty quiet weekend - no sleepovers, lots of housework, some sewing, some knitting and lots of election coverage on tv.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

Living the orange.... Working that colour way myself now......
Love the quilt.... You get things done so quickly......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...