07 October 2020

Chinoiserie

 "Chinoiserie" was finished last night.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this quilt - so much that I bought some more large florals this morning to add to the stash ready to start another one as soon as they arrive.  Michelle McKillop designs vibrant, beautiful, colourful quilts and I love her style.

Jenny, from AngelCake Quilting, quilted with a design called "Narnia" - it's lovely big flowers and leaves.


The backing is from FigTree and Company's "Aloha Girl" range and the binding is from Aneela Hooey's "Little Apples" range - it features cute tortoises.


I made the second "Sewcialites" block on Saturday morning before Gulli came to spend the day.  


We had a very busy day baking, gardening, emptying out the spare room.

I've joined another sew-along.  This one is "An Hourglass a Day" made with 5" squares.  I had a bagful of Bonnie and Camille 5" squares with some already made into half square triangles - so joining this SAL was a no brainer.


When I picked up "Chinoiserie", my original sampler quilt was also ready to be picked up.  The binding has been sewn on and is now with Mum (the sub-contractor) for stitching down.


A bit hard to believe that my oldest quilting UFO will finally be complete and on a bed.

Progress has been made on "Patchwork Sky" for a customer in USA.

Blocks A and B
Blocks C and D

The lower four rows are together.  I hope to add the top three rows and sew up the backing tonight so that I can send it all off tomorrow to Karen for quilting.


The white windmill fabric has been in my stash for quite a while to make a summer dress for T and this was cut out on the weekend, along with a couple of other dresses using fabrics I'd purchased recently.


I love using my old patterns for her - they were bought for her Mummy and Auntie.

This dress is from a new pattern.  I only had 70 cms of the turquoise fabric and needed a shift style dress.


I'm taking Thursday and Friday off this week - Mum, T and I are going to visit Jenni tomorrow and then I'll have a few days at home sewing (I hope) but will be open to fun invitations.

3 comments:

marina said...

your chinoiserie quilt looks amazing!! love the backing fabric too.
great start to your stars and those little dresses and fabrics are too sweet.
An hourglass a day sounds like an achievable goal, enjoy

Maria said...

Your Chinoiserie Quilt is bright and bold, great use of big florals.....perfect backing too.
Both the other quilts are coming along nicely and a pretty dress from lovely fabric....

Chookyblue...... said...

The beautiful big floral blocks are lovely...... The other blocks were looking lovely together but then combined create a lovely pattern.... Cute dress....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...