13 October 2020

First Quilt

My first proper quilt is finished.  The sub-contractor (Mum) sewed down the binding last week and the quilt is back at my place.

I am so happy with how it's turned out and my patchwork teacher was very pleased to see it finished as well.


Each Saturday morning now I'm eager to see the pattern for the Sewcialites sew-along.  I thought that when a block has lots of little pieces, I'd make it multi-coloured using pieces from my solids scrap bag.


It's nice to use up some of those little pieces.


"Patchwork Sky" is together and is being quilted this week.


Love this backing fabric.


The pile of "An Hourglass a Day" blocks is growing.  Really enjoy making these first thing each day.  Think I need 349 to make a quilt ~60" square.  Will have to cut more 5" squares.


I picked up the play quilt from Jenny (AngelCake Quilting) last week and the binding has been sewn on for Mum to stitch down.


I think it's nice to have Mum involved in making a quilt for her 13th great-grandbaby.

The Pink Room is in a bit of a mess - lots of ongoing projects:  Ring Cycles, Hourglass a Day, summer dresses for T, pyjamas for H & G, Sea Glass, Sewcialites.


Plus I've started cutting out another Chinoiserie - need two more large blocks then I can pair up the florals and border strips.  The first Chinoiserie has been claimed by my daughter-in-law. 


When I made the last Bradley Street quilt for Peta's friend's new baby, I cut out extra squares to make another one day.  On Sunday I popped in to Spotlight and bought some more Jocelyn Proust fabrics with the beautiful Australian flora designs and the teal solid to make a full-size Bradley Street quilt one day.  I've added a square of each of the florals to the Chinoiserie pile.


After seeing the pile of UFO's I worked on Sea Glass over the weekend and it's now ready to give to Karen for quilting when she visits on the weekend.  The Stitching Girls are coming for afternoon tea on Saturday - first time we've been together since the start of the year.

Took a couple of days off last week - Mum, T and I visited Jenni and Kurt on Thursday.  So nice to just spend time with them.  Jenni's now 20 weeks pregnant and, although very tired, is keeping well and looks wonderful.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Your first quilt is lovely and has very different fabrics from what yiu usually use...
lots of gorgeous fun projects going on at your place and I love the binding on the baby play quilt.

marina said...

Well done!!
so many beautiful projects happening at your place.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...