29 September 2020

Low Boredom Tolerance

Received an email from AngelCake Quilting yesterday with this picture showing the beautiful quilting on my sampler quilt.  It looks so lovely.  Jenny will be quilting "Chinoiserie" over the next day or so, then I'll pick up both quilts.


Last week the play/tummy time quilt top was finished.


Really happy with how this turned out and I'll add a couple of surprises when it comes back from quilting.  Just waiting for another piece of the backing fabric to arrive then it can be dropped off with Jenny for quilting.


My boredom tolerance has been tested while sewing up all these nine patches.  There are now 333.  12 six patches to make then cutting out 470 red spot triangles.


To relieve the boredom I've cut out some more quilts.  First up is another "Sea Glass" designed by Susan Ache.  I've made three other versions of this pattern and I love it each time.  I had quite a collection of Fig Tree scraps so used those before cutting into my "Catalina" fat quarter bundle.


The Fat Quarter Shop is hosting a sew-along with a block pattern being released each Saturday morning (our time).  I'm using solids that are in my stash - these are the big pieces I have; there may be enough in the solids scrap bag to make a couple of the blocks to add different colours.  The pattern comes with a sheet to colour in so you can work out colour placement in advance - time to break out the grandchildren's colouring pencils.


The patterns are available in three sizes:  3", 6" and 9" finished.  I'm making 6" finished because I have enough of the Moda Bella 97 left for that size quilt.


In August I bought some fabrics from an Etsy shop in USA for a "Patchwork Sky" quilt that a customer requested.  This first bundle arrived in about four weeks


and the second bundle arrived yesterday so the quilt can now be started.

Last weekend was very enjoyable - Saturday lunch with the Schoolgirls, T&H stayed overnight then we visited Mum after breakfast on Sunday and Elizabeth and Matt met us there to collect T&H.

2 comments:

marina said...

quilting is looking great, and love that baby quilt!
can't get over how many nine patch blocks you made, I thought I was doing well having made 30 over the week! lol
beautiful fabrics for your new project.

Maria said...

Lovely quilting and the baby quilt is gorgeous..
Oh that's a lot of nine patches..
Have fun with the new project and you always have such fantastic fabrics...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...