06 November 2019

In The Pink Room

Lots of different things happening at the moment.

On Saturday, Lynell and I caught the train to Sydney to meet up with Robyn - we spent a very pleasant couple of hours in Darling Harbour enjoying the spring afternoon and early dinner before going to see "Jekyll and Hyde" - Anthony Warlow was so, so fabulous.  WOW!  We LOVED the show. 

Spent time on Sunday with the littlest sweetheart and then had some free time later in the day to start  sewing together the "Basket Case" blocks.


I was thinking of adding a border but decided I like it as is.  I'm waiting for one more piece of fabric to arrive then I can make the backing using the lawn fat quarters from "Smitten" and "Little Snippets" - of course, I cut into one a few weeks ago and then was one short when I decided to use the fabrics for the backing.

I've joined my first quilt-along to make Thimble Blossoms' "Hide and Seek".  As I had cut this quilt out a few weeks ago, I was ready to go when the QAL started on 1 November.  The first part is cutting out and sewing starts on 11 November


but, being me, I couldn't wait and I've made the first 10 of 36 stars.


There was a fair bit of wool left over from the Sloth, so I've been knitting at lunchtime - a fisherman's rib vest for Jenni's friend's little boy.  His Mum loves dressing him in natural, earthy colours.


A new cot quilt will be underway soon, using these beautiful Kona Solids from Sarah's shop.


Last night I started sewing "Sweet Escape" blocks together.  Another night's sewing and this quilt top should be together.  Making these log cabin blocks hasn't been my favourite sewing but they've turned out ok.


Tomorrow night Mum, Lynell, Robyn, Gail and I are going to see "The Wharf Review" - Mum and I have been going to this show for a few years and love it.  Always extremely entertaining, so well-written and acted/sung.

A fun weekend coming up with Gulli coming to stay on Friday night, the Stitching Girls coming for afternoon tea on Saturday and I'm not sure what's happening on Sunday - maybe Mum and I will go to the pictures.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...