19 November 2019

Angel of Mercy

I can't remember if I started "Angel of Mercy" in 1996 or early 1997 - I know I was stitching it for Elizabeth's 18th birthday, which was September 1997.  It wasn't finished for her 18th birthday but was finally done and at the framer a couple of days before her 40th birthday in September this year.


This is a Lavender and Lace design.  Such a relief to have it finished and given to Elizabeth.  All that needed to be done was to couch down the halo rays - embarrassing to say the least.


"Basket Case" was finished recently.


I used the voile/lawn fabrics from "Smitten" and "Little Snippets" for the backing - these are such lovely, soft fabrics.


Karen quilted it last week


and dropped it off yesterday.  Hope to sew on the binding in the next couple of days.


"Sweet Escape" is ready for quilting.  I made the blocks a few weeks ago and put them aside for a little while before I felt like sewing them together.


I love this "Scrumptious" floral for the baking.  Karen will quilt this over the next while.


Little Sweetheart's "Elsa" dress is finished - photo was taken before Mum did the hand sewing.  This was a dress pattern I used for Elizabeth probably 36 years ago.


I have a few cot quilts to make for some of Jenni's friends.  Jenni asked for a Rainbow Quilt and sent me a photo of what she liked.  I bought a bunch of Kona Solids from Sarah and they look pretty wonderful.  I'll get around to sewing these blocks together after the Christmas sewing is done.


This zig-zag fabric for the backing with have a rainbow row of blocks through it.


Another of Jenni's friends loves natural, earthy colours, so I thought "Safari Life" by Stacy Iest Hsu would be a great fabric for her baby due next year.  This is ready for quilting.


Love this animal print backing too.


A few months ago I stitched out some machine embroidery designs and cut out some rectangles from my stash of "Guess How Much I Love You?" fabrics - this cot quilt top has turned out to be very cute.


Pretty green backing.


Had a fair amount of wool left over from making the sloth so I knitted a little vest in Fisherman's Rib for Jenni's friend's little boy.



Next ten stars are made for the "Hide and Seek" quilt-along.  Such a great way to make a quilt having a goal for each week.


A couple of weeks ago Mum and I went to see "Judy" - loved it, although I felt very sad when I came out of the pictures.  Mum had told me many times about Judy's sad life and how she was ruined by the studio system.  Renee Zellweger is magnificent.

Friends and I went to see "Ford v Ferrari" on Sunday night - this is an action-packed movie about the development of a Ford racing car to win the Le Mans 24 hour race in France.  Very loud movie but a good story, inspired by true events.

Next weekend is our annual trip to see "Schools Spectacular" - just Mum and I going this year - it's always a magnificent showcase of young talent.  And then the girls and I are going on our annual epic Ikea trip on Sunday.  Always fun.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Even though it took so long to complete it the beautiful cross stitch I'm sure Elizabeth loved it..
Oh My Goodness, sew many fantastic quilts both big and small.
Such a cute knitted vest..

Pink Rose said...

Hi Lynda wow you are awesome you get so much done,i always enjoy seeing your beautiful work and what a wonderful variety that you do ,well done my friend xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...